Our client is an international financial institution. This position reports directly to the Chief Internal Auditor. Assists in preparing the annual risk assessment and developing the annual internal audit plan. Provides day-to-day supervision and guidance to the audit staff. Manages audit projects and routinely interacts with senior and executive management. Performs complex audits, as needed.
- Executes the approved annual audit plan including scheduling, project management, work paper review, coordinating with auditees, and report review. Audits should be risk-based and include robust audit planning and applicable audit techniques.
- Submits timely and objective draft audit reports to the Chief Internal Auditor for review. Such reports should be concise, fair, accurate and well written, and contain strong recommendations to strengthen internal controls and to comply with established Bank policies, procedures, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Plans and performs robust risk-based audits
- Helps to select and has primary responsibility to develop and supervise staff. Capable of building and maintaining strong team dynamics.
- Assists with preparation of Audit Committee packages. Attends Audit Committee meetings and takes minutes at meetings, as assigned.
- Manages business unit relationships to maintain an awareness of changes to business risk profiles, and to educate and promote audit client’s awareness of controls and accountability.
- As directed by the Chief Internal Auditor, guides the activities of the Internal Audit Department consistent with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing. adopted by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Maintains sufficient knowledge of the Banks operations and applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintains technical competence through continuing education.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Real Estate or related disciplines.
- Thai nationality only
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- At least 10 years related work experience, including at least 5 years of internal or external audit experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to deal effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills necessary to motivate, develop, train, and supervise audit staff.
- Broad understanding of internal controls and risk management.
- Comprehensive understanding of risk-based auditing and audit techniques.
- Strong project management skills. Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with minimum supervision.